So for a while I’ve been wanting to do something with this long wall in our basement for quite some time. I’d seen all kinds of good ideas online, but I needed something a little different. I also didn’t want 500 holes in my walls for picture frames. I looked around the house for scrap wood and found a couple 2×2′s and one 8′ length of window casing… and I got my idea.
Of course, I needed to go back and 2 more 8′ of window casing and 1 more 8′ 2×2. I then used this amazing paint (a staple in our house).
I only painted the top side of the 2×2′s because that would be the only side showing. I did 2 coats of paint (because I was too lazy to do a primer then a paint. It worked okay anyway.) Once they were all dry, the hubby and I took them downstairs and got to nailing.
We screwed up the 2×2′s first, then took the window casing, put the think end up top, and used finishing nails to attach the casing. We positioned the casing about a half an inch above the top of the 2×2. We then took just some white caulk after we tapped in the nails a bit further. It’s a pretty simple process in all; the whole thing took about 10 mins to assemble. The painting was the longest part by far. Anyway, here is the finished product!
The best thing about it is that I can switch the pictures out whenever I want without holes! Yeah!