I’m so far behind on these posts… such a slacker. Stay with me for a week or so and I’ll get caught up because there is too much fun stuff that I did over the holidays not to share it.
The other weekend at Christmas I was asked to bring a “fancy” veggies, and instead of going for just the traditional veggies, I decided to make one of my favorites that I learned to make in Spain (weird I know) Ratatouille.
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 zucchini
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 Yellow pepper sliced
- 1 tsp(ish) diced garlic
- Fresh tomatoes
- Can of diced tomatoes
- Italian seasoning, garlic salt, and basil
- Cut eggplant in slices and brush with olive oil and salt and pepper on both sides. Bake at about 350 for 15 mins or so until the oil really soaks in and softens.
- Sautee garlic and onion with olive oil until onion is tender.
- Add zucchini, mushrooms, and yellow pepper. Sautee till slightly tender. Take eggplant out of the oven, and cut into chunks (I feel like I shouldn’t have to say it, but make sure you let them cool so you don’t burn yourself.) Add fresh and canned tomatoes, eggplants, and seasoning to taste. Sautee for around 5-10 till all the juices come together.
- I served it with fresh shredded Asiago cheese on top which gave it a nice zing.
Hope this was worth the wait!!