Since many of us have made resolutions this year to lose the extra lbs we may have put on over the holidays, here is a quick and easy recipe for a healthy dinner I made a couple of nights ago.
- fresh or frozen tilapia fillets
- 1 medium mango
- 1/2 small red onion diced
- fresh cilantro
- fresh or frozen asparagus (Aldi has a bag of frozen for about $1.50 that’s great)
- Lemon juice
- Cut up all ingredients (except fish of course) and combine. Mangos are frustrating to cut, but here is a good little link for some step by step instructions if you need them.
- There are lots of recipes online for this salsa, but it’s pretty simple. Here’s one if you need extra info.
- Sautee asparagus in olive oil and minced garlic.
- I pan seared the tilapia in olive oil with just some salt and pepper, but I think next time I might make it blackened.
- I served the fish with asparagus and white rice.
Enjoy your healthy meal!