So every good craft room needs storage… but it’s not just storage that’s needed, it’s pretty storage that I needed. And I wanted to add a little color as well. So what’s a girl to do? Use old cans of course!
Here’s what you need:
- Mod Podge, cans, container to mix glue and water, sponge brush, craft paper, and craft paint. (Ignor the grey and red container. I was going to use chalkboard paint on the cans and then changed my mind)
- Clean cans and remove any pointy spots with pliers.
- Cut paper the right height of each can with a paper cutter.
- Paint bottom of cans with white craft paint. This will take a couple layers. Spray paint might have been easier/faster. I didn’t end up painting the tops because I kind of liked the way metal looked.
- Mix up glue and some water. Then spread evenly on the can and place paper on top. This takes a little bit of coordination and speed because the glue starts drying pretty quickly. One of the cans I painted another layer of glue on top to seal it a little better, but honestly, I couldn’t tell the difference so I only did the one.
I also had an old Pringles can that I wrapped up too for the longer items that needed storage like paint stirrers.
It’s a little silly and SUPER simple, but I liked the affect it had on my room. Any other ways to store brushes, markers and the like? Have fun!