This was supposed to go out at 12 today! Grrrr.. Sorry this is late!!! Better than never I suppose.
Ready to get hungry?! So I was on Pinterest (of course) and saw a couple of recipes that I had to try: Buffalo Chicken Mac ‘n Cheese! Of course! Why didn’t I think of this before? Genius.
So the recipe I originally found was here on Snappy Gourmet, but I had some issues because I didn’t have the time to make it a slow cooker meal and after I already got home from a long day of work when I realized that I forgot some of the ingredients (I know…. I know…). Long story short I ended up my making a deviation of this recipe that actually only took me about 30 mins from start to finish.
- 4 small carrots; grated
- 2 stalks of celery; diced
- 2 chicken breasts; cut into bite size pieces
- 4 tbs Hot sauce
- 2 tbs (ish) Ranch dressing
- Box mac ‘n cheese (yeah… I used a box mix b/c I didn’t have milk to make my own 😦 So sad.)
- Bread crumbs
- Olive Oil
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat olive oil and cook chicken with salt and pepper. After chicken is cooked most of the way through, add hot sauce to pan. Once you are just about finished cooking, add the minced celery and onions.
- Make mac ‘n cheese per box instructions.
- Take glass baking dish (I used little ones so they were individual servings) and spread the mac ‘n cheese evenly on the bottom. Then spread the chicken/hot sauce across the mac. (I also added a little more hot sauce across the top).
- Then take the Ranch dressing and just drizzle lightly to add some contrast. Sprinkle with bread crumbs then top with shredded cheddar cheese and broil on low for about 10 minutes until cheese on top is melted.
I know that next time I will for sure use shells and cheese from scratch to make it a little more creamy. Hope this is everything you wanted it to be!
Stay tuned for Wednesday’s post from my sister about a great craft she completed.