I am alive I swear! I have no idea where the time has gone, but I’ve been keeping busy apparently! Anyway, I swear I’ll get better :), so here goes!
I love jewelry. In fact, I vowed to myself that I would buy more jewelry (costume jewelry of course). But since I am increasing my stock, I need more storage. Here’s what I currently have that I love:
I got this bad boy for like $15 a couple of years ago from one of my favorite antique malls. Of course, when I was looking for them it took me weeks to find. Now they are on every regular store shelf. What can I say? I’m a trend setter. 😉 I wasn’t totally sure what kind of storage I wanted, so I had to go get some inspiration. Here are another couple of great ideas that I got some ideas from Pinterest… of course.
- Clipboard necklace display- by Dishfunctial Design
- Drawer pull storage- by Liz Marie
- Lantern- potterybarn.com
- Driftwood tree holder- marthastewart.com
- Hanging driftwood- by Teaspoonsf.com
- Paper towel holder turned jewelry rack- User upload/unknown
- Variety of picture frames- by SpearmintDecor.com
I was trying to make my holder on a budget (or nothing), so I looked around and found an old frame that I had bought a couple of years ago from Craigslist.com. I think I got 15 vintage frames, some very large, for $50. Many of them are currently displayed here in my house. So I took one that was a good size, hit it with some peacock-blue spray paint I had lying around (after a couple of layers of spray primer of course). Then I got to thinking about how I was going to attach the jewelry. I’d seen some with screen, some with fabric, some with wire. While I actually have all these things, I decided I wanted a little texture so I got out my handy twine that I used here and here as well.
Since this frame had the original nails still in the back, I just decided to use those. I got out the hot glue gun, put a little bead of glue and wrapped the twine around the nail. Now the hard part….. how to make “rows” or spots for stuff to be hung. This wasn’t the easiest thing ever, but it worked out fine. The wood was so old I couldn’t hammer more nails into the frame, so I just glued straight to the back where necessary.
I decided to keep the lines of twine in more of a random pattern. I just think it makes it look kind of fun. I’m not 100% sold on it or the color as I’m having second thoughts about my new color palate in the bedroom, but for now it works.